Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

is it weird to like men who are a little older?

i never dated anyone, like 12 years older, but of all the guys I know, my professor is the hottest. guys my age are great but there's something so appealing about my prof. Maybe just that he's unavailable and it makes him a little more mysterious that way.

what do you think

Favorite Answer

age makes no difference

Unavailability does add spice to an attraction. So does "forbidden" hence adultery.

It is not weird. There is probably a bit of daddy figure involved - safe, caring, protecting, faithful.

The difficulty is actuarial - age related. Women generally die after the man. If the man is that much older, it means the woman will be a widow etc. that much longer. Also issues of sexuality and the man's age for children as daddy.

Generally women are older emotionally so I would see it as a good thing that a twenty something would prefer an older man say twenty eight or so, men need the experience of life (emotional)to be a good husband ,friend, lover (sex education would not go astray either) this all takes time .....young men are just that young(its not anyones fault it just is )younger men often go for the older women for the stability they can offer

when you get to be over the age of 25 date whoever you want thats older, I like older men, mostly because they are more reliable, educated, and know how to do things, like live life alone without the need to add the word party in the mix. Until you are 25 I suggest staying away from professors and asuch, your body still has alot to do and deserves some credit of its youth, good luck and big hugs

i understand that you are attracted to an older man and yes its probably because of a combination of things...but i dont think this early in your life that you should be interested in someone that is already established in life whether he would go for it or not it would hold you back and possibly distract you from your studies more than you already are in his class. focus on your schooling and dont worry about relationships so much. if the right guy comes along you are going to know it.....DONT RUSH LIFE.....you never get time back.

I have always been attracted to older men, I'm 42 and my husband is 53 ♥

so if you like this profesor, hons why not become closer friends with him and be his pet hons?/ if you like him secretetly take him off to a flea bag motell and, go at it hons if you, think hes appealing sneak around with him too flea bag motell, and do the big bang hons. you like older guys and your stuck on this professorr, tel him hes hot and you dont care if hes unavailable!! tel him you want him badly too start a hot hot sexy affairr!!

No it's not weird. The man I'm interested in and with is much older and it's been great!

Your professor is off limits. Don't go there, until you've at least gotten out of his class or out of the department he works in. He can get in REALLY big trouble being involved past the Student/teacher relationship.

Nothing wrong with it at all. There are a lot of older hot men.

my dad who is a college professior and who was 40 at the time dated a student who was 18 for 6 years they did break up but hey it lastest a LONG time so it could work out for you lol