how would you handle this?

ever since junior high, I love to dress up and look nice. One time I was walking through a hallway and I saw this boy talking to this girl beside him. Both of them didnt know me and I didnt know them. Anyways, I was walking by and heard the guy say to the girl, "she's trying to look all great." and I heard the girl say, "I know." I also would like to know why do I always have these experiences by black people even though I'm half black and half asian? When I walk by a group of white people, they smile and say, "cool outfit."

Should I ignore it?

Thank you for all the people who answered my question.

Favorite Answer

first of all, what's wrong with trying to look great? If that is the worst thing they can say about you your doing better than most people The important this is not what others think of you but what you think of youself.

Yes, ignore it and keep looking good: )

It's called HATING!!!!!! Sometimes it's easier to hate on someone than to offer them a complement...in doing so we generally are subconsciously saying something about ourselves. Don't take it personally, dress how you want...You didn't buy those nice clothes to gather dust and stay in your closet. It's sad to say but there is a lot of discrimination within the black culture...sometimes it seems as though no one is good enough. My advice is do and wear what ever make you feel happy...don't worry about the others cuz they'll be the same ones wondering where you got your outfit so they can get it too!!!! Hope this helps!!

Ignore them, people talk when they have nothing better to do with their lives and they feel low on themselves. It's not worth the time to listen to comments like that because they are superficial and shallow. They are most likely jealous of your unique style and the confidence you have in pulling it off. So, just walk alway from them, you don't need negative people ruining your day by making insignificant comments. Stay beautiful!

Yes, you should ignore it.

Some people simply have insecurities. Their means of compensating is to tear others down. While it seems to me the problem occurs more in specific races, I realize that I too am of a specific race and that fact alone could cloud my vision. So do as I have done in the past. Just blow it off and go on about your life.

In every race there are an abundance of ignorance and persons that think that they are better than the rest of the world,without first investigating the facts,Do not subscribe to this low and stupid behavior,ignore the ignorant for only they can bask in it.

Source(s): my opinion and I am black

a lot of black people feel constantly put down so they have to excercise what little power they perceive they have by blocking traffic, talking loud at movies and keep it "real." Meanwhile, it's behaviour liek this that reinforces stereotypes and works against advancement of the race. or not

Sounds like jealousy. I don't know about the black/white thing.

Taking pride in your appearance can be a good way to raise your mood.

Ignorance is found in all classes of people. Ignore negativity and it won't stick to you. It is they who have the problem--not you.

yes u should,just remember fools always speaks and a wise never answer,u don't wanna go down to their level.

If that is the biggest problem in your life - you have it made,

except I dont guess they will make a soap opera out of your

life.