Who's the woman mentioned in Revelation dressed in a cloak of stars and standing on the moon?

some say it's Mary (Jesus' earthly mother) other say it's the Church(the believers of Christ Jesus) others say it's Israel.

Favorite Answer

I don't think we will know until the day comes.

It is Israel and the 12 stars are the 12 tribes.Israel gave birth to the Messiah Jesus(being that He was a Jew from the tribe of Judah)Remember Joseph's prophecey in Genesis 37:9-11 it is similar.

Many times God called Israel his wife or bride, and also that terms is used for the church , which is to be presented to Christ, it's husbandly owner. Since physical Israel rejected the messiah, then it can't be referring to them. The events that take place right after this woman is mentioned include the dragon and it's angels being thrown down to the earth. the Bible then states at Rev. 12; 12 On this account be u heavens and u who reside in them. Woe for the earth and the sea, because the Devil has come down to u, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time. I believe that this woman, is God's Kingdom, the one that Jesus told his followers to pray for and when his time came due, he used his authority to hurl Satan out of the heavens. This was prophesied many times in the bible , one example being in "Acts 2 : 34 , 35 where DAvid had said, "Jehovah said to my Lord, sit at my right hand , until i place your enemies as a stool for your feet. So my answer to your question would be God's heavenly organization which would now include Christ's church.

Source(s): The Bible Revalation it's Grand Climax at Hand! published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract society

Its Israel, ...It almost seems like this has passed already, don`t it?, Im reading it right now. I have heard it is Israel, thats what I based my answer on, but the more I read this, In chapter 12 of revelations, the more i think this is talking about Christ birth, and his death, and how God caught him up into heaven to be with him on his throne, untill the end.

• God

God says, the 12 stars represent the original 12 disciples for it was promised unto them that they would be withnesses unto the end. The woman is Mary Magdelene the 13th disciple and wife of Jesus Christ. It's got nothing to do with Israel, nor anything to do with the church. If you would like to know more then God Says you will have to write to the vatican and ask them to release the writings of the other disciples.

The woman symbolizes God's figurative womanly organization.you will i assume be referring to the 12th chapter in revelation. She cries out in her anxiousness to give birth.

A dragon stands before her ready to devour the child and destroy it when it is born

The woman represents the bride of Christ, the 144,000 who will rule as judges in the heavenly government of god's kingdom.Christ Jesus is the King of the kingdom under God. Jesus being the head of the congregation of god's champions.

Michael is the King Jesus.

the waters the serpent disgorges must be on the earth because the dragon has been hurled down to the earth. the remaing ones of the woman's seed are on earth. the last remaing ones.

Source(s): revelation chapter 12

It is Israel ; the 12 stars are the 12 tribes of Israel....

Not Mary!

Re: Rev. 12: 1,2.

The woman represents the church of God and the man child represents the kingdom of our God and his Christ which shall hold sway during the Millennial Era, the kingdom John had seen in vision.

Source(s): LDS doctrine as translated by Joseph Smith.

Israel

2nd thought - the EU (the flag has 12 stars)

It sounds to me like a group of people that is being represented by her. God's women could mean a group of people doing God's will and the relationship is so intimate that it is like a marriage to a wife. Many times he liked the Isrealites who went after false god's as unfaithful wives.

I think it is to represent people who do God's will.