i need help on a paper?

i need to right a myth about anything just something to explain like a natural occurance any ideas?

Update:

it needs to be a myth that goes to a nautral occurance but i dont know what to say to lead to like the natural occurance

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Kiki
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

sunset/sunrise

volcanoes

earthquakes

how an animal got its traits--why giraffes have long legs, why some animals have long tails, etc.

mountains

valleys

oceans, rivers, lakes

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • John16
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You could use a myth in Greek mythology.

The origin of the spider is told as a story about a weaver called Arachne that was to proud and she boasted that she was a better weaver than Athena herself at which point the goddess appeared and challenged the mortal woman to a weavers duel.

The version I remember has the mortal losing and Athena being the ***** she is turned the poor woman into a spider. (Athena was a sore winner).

Or you could do the one about Apollo flying his flaming chariot across the sky every day to explain where the sun came from.

I would pick a simple story so that your report does not get to complicated. Greek or Roman mythology will be fairly easy to prove false if that is the intent of the exercise.

Here is a different version: http://www.goddess-athena.org/Encyclopedia/Athena/...

• 1 decade ago

pick something in nature...like snow or wind...and then make up how and why it occurs. You don't want to put how it, scientifically, really happens. You want to say that maybe wind is caused by the gods doing something...

• 1 decade ago

Frogs raining from the sky. That's a fun topic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

How about a water nymph that creates whirlpools so she and her friends can slide down the middle?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Write about how the seasons came about.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

here's an example for why it snows:

One winter the winter queen's spouse died.

She crys every winter,so every winter her tears condense and freeze, it is said that neither one is alike!

GOOD LUCK!

• 1 decade ago

atlantis

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.