Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If god has planned each of our births and deaths, then he must also want abortions, right?

The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

People have free will, but if god has pre-planned our lives and deaths, that must include every abortion, and this means the mother and doctor are blameless. See, god wants abortions!

Favorite Answer

Nice one!! However, it does mean that there is no free will, therefore no blame for anything. In which case, why try to libve a holy life?

God gave us free will

God guides, directs are paths

God gives hints to what it is that he wants us to do...

But we have free will, to do it or not

Yes it may be recorded, but not planned

God for sees are free will, and it's recorded

Yes we are God's thoughts before we are born, planned

yes when we are done with God's will, then it's time for are death

But, I believe abortions are the free will hands of man

No, it says Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book, all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. thats what verse 16 of Psalms 139 says. But God was talking to David, not the whole world. some were pre planned, but not all. John the Baptist and Jesus was planned too.

Unfortunately English isn't my mother's language and I'm raised with the Dutch translation, but as far as I understand:

"You saw me" is something different than: "You made me do this". It means: God knew I would make this decision. He didn't make me decide this.

I still have a free will. What the text means to say: before I made the decision, God knew what I would decide. He didn't make me decide this.

So he didn't make me do the abortion. He knew I would do it, although he told me it wouldn't be wise to do it.

Therefore: what a wonderful love He must have for me. My ather in heaven knows I won't listen to his advice. Yet He still loves me and forgives me if I say to Him that I'm sorry I didn't listen to Him!

It takes a real warped understanding of God and the Bible to imply that God wants abortion....especially when his Word calls it murder.

Get a life Pal.

No because God gave us free will and it is the stupid people who play God and take that babies life. Just like murders,

• Nikki

thats an 'interesting' way to look at it, but just because God knows everything doesnt mean we do. abortion is murder, sorry.

• Skeff

Oh dear. Logic is such a bother!

A very twisted justification, to be sure.

And you were allowed to live because why, exactly?

well, now there is a truly religious answer to all the hotheads