What can I do with these degrees?

I have a associates in accounitng, bachlors in sociology, and plan on completing a masters in family and consumer sciences. Is there anyone out there with any of these degrees? If so, what is your occupation and educational background?

Favorite Answer

not much

get a real job

everyone wants to do these controlling namby pamby social type jobs and then ask us what to do -how much real help would you be to someone in troubled times-NONE I BET

Isn't it a little late to be asking for a career path *after* you already went more than 2/3rds of the way?

What was the motivation/interest/appeal of the sociology and the masters degree? If you can answer that question, you will know what to do.

Did you jump straight out of your bachelors degree into your Masters program? Or did you work between the two schools? If you did, was that work relevant to the Masters? Or did you switch off completely?

Here's the puzzle: when I am looking to hire an employee, and I know that the position requires a person with a Masters, I am looking for certain green flags:

1. The person has relevant experience.

2. The person worked in the relevant field before going for the Masters.

I also look for certain red flags:

1. Professional students (2-3 bachelor degrees in unrelated fields, 2-3 Master degrees in unrelated fields, a PhD).

2. No relevant work experience before the Masters. That means going for an MBA after finishing a bachelors in art in medieval literature, etc.

Unless you can explain the logical progression between your bachelor and Master degrees you are going to freak out anyone that interviews you.

McDonalds - you'll go straight to 3 stars.

marry me, my wife wont mind