Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

keeping an infected paw covered?

i have a 40 pound siberian husky who has an infection in her paw. she is on antibiotics and a soak solution, but we are trying to keep it covered when she goes outside---so far she has managed to keep undoing our contraptions.....any tips?????

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Huskies are notorious for chewing off bandages- try some vetwrap (can get it from your vet or any pet store/feed store) and then spray the heck out of it w/ bitter apple spray....if it's wet outside, wrap it up w/ a plastic newspaper bag- Good luck!

If all else fails- and you are handy w/ a sewing machine- take a long sleeve t-shirt, sew up one sleeve, and have her wear it. She will hate you, but her owie will stay clean.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

My dog has the same problem. I put antibiotics on his paws and I put dog booties on his paws so the medicine doesn't come off. You can get dog booties at petsmart.

• 1 decade ago

when changing the bandages after applying any topical antibiotics dampen the gause and wrap firmly but not too tight around the wound apply dry gause and clear plastic first aid tape.

• 1 decade ago

go to a hunting supply store (i.e. gander mountain, scheel's, cabela's, you get the idea) and get some dog booties.....they are usually rubber or plastic...and they have a better chance of staying on than anything else you might try to use.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try a sock with a rubber glove on top of it.

• 1 decade ago

A sock with a rubber band, works for my golden!!!

• 1 decade ago

a big sock with lots of duct tape..careful not to cut off circulation..

• 1 decade ago

They do make little doggy booties....you could try those

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.