Has anyone been denied the bathroom as a child or witnessed someone else having this done to them?

I went to a boarding school for a year in the fourth grade in Texas. We could only use the bathroom 4 times a day with no nighttime use allowed. We were also punished by having our breaks taken away from us from time to time. I experienced great pain from this abuse and it is still with me today? I also knew a girl whose mother punished her and her brother this way also. I was wondering if anyone else has been or experienced this.

• @*o*@
    Favorite Answer

When I was a teenager my father didn't allow me to use the bathroom at night. If I did go to the bathroom after 10 pm he'd abused me the day after, so I always did everything I could to avoid using the bathroom at night, which was hard because it was really cold in my room and no heating and I really had to go a couple of times per night.

I still suffer from the abuse I got when I was a child and teenager, not just the bathroom part but the whole thing. People who do this should be punished, because denying a minor of basic needs like using the bathroom is nothing else than abuse! I'm sorry you had to go through it. I know what it's like.

That is one of the saddest things I've heard.I can't even imagine,I was born with kidney trouble that has been with me all my life.But when you're a child,you don't and allot of times can't hold it.Did your parents know this,and if they did,why did they keep you there?I can understand why this would still be with you today.Is this place still open? I would see about getting it closed down,if it is still in operation.I know I can't say here what I think should happen to "people" that abuse children.I'm so sorry for you.Have you looked for a therapist to talk to? I recently had to deal with some things from my childhood(nothing like what you experienced) but the ONLY way I could get to where I wasn't dwelling on it,was to talk it out with a therapist.I had to also be put on meds.I'm not saying that's what you need,but if it can help you get these horrible things out of your head,then honey do it.I bet these "DICTATOR'S" went to the restroom when they wanted to.There is a special place in HELL for abusers like that.I'm again so sorry for you.Take care and God bless you.

• Hamish

I have never experienced it personally thank goodness. This should be considered a form of child abuse and the people charged. I`m sorry you had to go through that.

This was bad, some people need to use the bathroom more than that and if you hold back you get headache and stomachache. I am sorry that you had to face that.