38 weeks discharge. . . .?

I been dilated at 2 and 50% effaced for a week and a half. I have been very jumpy today snapping on everything and everyone. I went to take a shower to see if that would help. I went pee everything seemed fine. Then after i got off the toliet I went to turn the water on and felt something drop on my leg. It looked like snot like the size of a fifty sent piece. Is this my mucus plug or should I be worried? If it is how long till baby? This is my second and I never had this with my first.

Favorite Answer

Ohhhhhh, baby's coming soon. Yes that was your mucus plug. Funny, I never had it with my first either, did with my second!

CONGRATS!!!!! (my second was much faster, only 2/3 time of the first)

As a former Paramedic who's delivered about 25 babies and the mother of 3......sure sounds like it was your mucus plug. It's not a very definative symptom as to how long until your baby is born, but your other symptoms....being jumpy, etc.....sound like your nesting instinct is kicking in too so you may be about to go into labor.

Best of luck! Sure hope your labor is short and sweet!

Source(s): Former Paramedic

Yes that was your mucous plug or at least some of it. some women lose it all at once and some in pieces. After all the mucous plug passes and if that was all of it then u should have your baby within the next week. I say u will go in labor by the 14th. Good Luck and congrats! p.s do lots of walking round the house to help your labor progress.

Source(s): mommy of 2
  • T Time

Your mucus plug came out

Congratulations, you're going to be a mom very soon.

it seems to be your mucus plug it seem like you are going to have a baby soon congratulations best of luck

sounds like your mucus plug...i lost mine 6 days b4 my daughter was born...Good Luck

Hey that is very normal,it probably is your mucos plug,but losing that will not make you have your baby.It is a sign that your bady is getting ready,but don't panic i lost mine 6 weeks before i delivered ,my doc told me don't panic unless my water breaks.

it was your mucus plug. you shouldn't be worried at all.