Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 decade ago

what if i do bad on my first SAT test? actual test.?

lets say i get a 1600-1700 and then my second i get a 2200 would that look suspicious? or is improvement good. i heard if the gap is too big colleges want you to take it a 3rd time to prove you can actually do that level (ex. 1st: 1500 2nd: 2100: 3rd: 2150). im a junior and have not taken the sat test yet.

Favorite Answer

talk to your school guidance counselor. i think it will just show you studied your brains out.

A 600 point improvement would be very unusual. Typically, unless you totally blew off the test the first time you took it, an improvement of 50 to 100 points on each section would be considered very good. Therefore, I can see why colleges might have some question about a "miraculous" improvement. They might suspect you paid someone else to take the test for you.

That's a big gap. I don't think the colleges will believe you. They might believe you if there is a big gap between the the SAT tests that you took. If it is a short time, i would have no idea how you would increase your test score by 600 in one month.

just take it again. i went up 320 points when the scale was just to 1600; that was the only score that was sent in, and i got in to one of the colleges considered "highly competitive" academic wise.