e. asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Red Highlights?

My hair now is dyed black, but i want to put red highlights in them. how do i go about doing this?

Favorite Answer

please dont go red, it really makes you cheap. go for some dark brown highlights

You may want to consult a hair professional, because depending on what kind of dye you used before, it may be difficult to get the effect you want without stripping away the previous color. Using a combination of products could prove damaging to your hair, leaving you with random bald spots or something equally unattractive. The good thing about hair is it always grows, so if you can't do what you want with the dyed hair, just let it grow out and then start again with the new hair growth.

To get the best possible outcome, I'd go to a salon. If you're planning on doing it yourself, bleach the pieces you want red first, and then dye them red. Otherwise they probably won't show up that well. And another warning, the red is going to fade REALLY fast, so if you're planning on having this look for a while, make sure you have plenty of money. Good luck.

Well, did you do the first dye yourself? Hopefully this wasn't a blue/black because any additional dying could be problematic. Please understand that the new color is going to strip some of the black you already applied. If you're not afraid I say go for it and do it yourself. Since you have black go for a non yellow red in the lightest color you can get.

If all else fails see a stylist.

u can either go to a salon and get it done....

or

buy red hair dye and take maybe .5 inch of hair and make like streaks in it... that would look awesome.

black and red... good colors.

or

u can just dye the tips too. that would look good also.

Good luck!

It will look Great!

Source(s): I dye my hair alot of colors..... my brother has bright blue right now lol *seriously*

nooooo please..its so lame..get sumthin like light brown...or just keep it dark n sexy..highlights are not for everyone!

• a.m.

go to a salon and have a sylist do it for you. otherwise you might mess up.

go to a salon and they will do it for you.