Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 decade ago

what are sweets like in america?

i live in england and halloween is coming up im thinking of buying sweets from america for a haloween party .what are the best sweets.

Favorite Answer

snickers

• Liliac

Aren't the chocolate and sweet candy available and for sale in all countries? Well if not you can try Dove chocolate, Herseys, Godiva, Kit Kat, Almond Joy, Reese Pieces, Tootie pops/rolls, Sweet tarts, Gummy bears, Gummy worms, Chocolate raisins, Skittles, M&Ms, Cream savers, Oompas, Shock tarts, Symphony, Rolos, Fun Dip, Push Pop, Jolly rancher lolipops, Jolly ranchers, Jelly beans, Butterfingers, Snickers, Etc. Since your hosting a Halloween party here are some tips i found on the internet!

http://www.candyusa.org/media/downloads/Halloween_...

• Hamish

The most common Halloween sweets are molasses candies wrapped in wax paper with Halloween symbols on them , a lot of people also give out tiny chocolate bars.The rest is about the same as everywhere lollipops, small candies etc. Have fun and enjoy.

I'm a former Brit (from Loughborough) living in Arizona for the last 13 years. Many brand names are the same (Mars, Milky Way etc.) But American chocolate is much sweeter & less creamy.

When I fly back to Blighty, I stock up on Yorky Bars, etc. and put them in the freezer when I get home to Phoenix.

I would kill for a Flake, right about now. Haven't had one in over 10 years. I'd commit GBH for a pint of Marstons Pedigree too.

• beez

M&Ms, Sweet Tarts. Cinnamon Balls, Butterscotch, carmels, chocolates, Lemon Drops, Reese Cups, Chocolate mints, assorted hard candies wrapped in cellophane, bag of miniature Hershey bars, etc. etc.

LOTS of chocolate! Hershey's and Reese's Chocolate bars are good. I Love Sweets. Make Chocolate Chip Cookies

Source(s): ME!!!!!!

They are full of sugar and cheap chocolate. The most popular candy bars are snickers, kit kat and milky way. My favorite is take 5.

Suger babies,Sweet tarts,tootsie rolls,m&m's,Hersey chocolate with almonds,snickers,baby ruth,three muskteers,kit-kat bars,take five,twix,I hope this helps. I wish I could come to the party.

You can buy any type of small candies or lolly pops. There are these small pear shaped sweets colored pale red or orange and yellow.

They are cheap and well accepted.

You can also buy toffees or small chocolates wrapped in paper.

not as good as some you have in England!

I would LOVE to get a little pack of Wine Gums!

My favourite,though, are the Gummy Brains!

otherwise, little snickers and hershey bars is what you get.

omg i could go on for days about the candy here in the U.S. if you are looking for the traditional candy bar, some of the best are snickers, milkyway,reese's peanut butter cups, kitkat and m&m's. if you are looking for just like candy some good ones are nerds, skittles, starbursts and airheads. hope this helps you!