what are the advantages of living in a small town?

Favorite Answer

Less violence and drugs, no need to shut windows or lock doors,almost everybody knows you and your family,if you need help with something there is always someone there to chip in. Smaller towns are just more friendly and personal.

Source(s): I live in a rural city of 5000.

I was raised in the army and have lived in more places than I can count. I now live in a SMALL town that is less than 800 people. If you blink you miss it. We are 30 from any other town in any direction. There is a wonderful peace and comfort living here. We have had a school shooting in our rural k-12 school with 2 deaths several years ago but otherwise we are a very safe place where everyone knows everyone else and most are related. I can't imagine living in a big town. If you ever have the chance to experience it, do it.

I live in a town of under 1000 people spread over a large area and the advantages are no noisy neighbors, no buses coming down your road all hours, cleaner air, more trees. large gardens, you can see more stars in the sky and it is peaceful. There is also the wildlife to watch.

• uh.. I live in a small town but its not exactly toooo small.

the advantages of living in a small town is that when you go to the grocery store, the cashier usually knows your name or somewhat recognizes you.

you get more land. I think anyways...

if you go out a lot, a lot of people (especially if they spend most of their time out) will recognize you.

its quieter.

• gldjns

Lower taxes, friendlier people, slower paced environment, less air pollution, more peaceful and quiet, lower crime rate.

Actually, I can think of some disadvantages, but that's not your question.

Less crime, noise & pollution....better schools, lower taxes, friendly people, and a very CARING environment.

every one know everyone can be good small class sizes in school

everything is in walking distance.

-you will be known / popular..

-you will be more closer to each other..