SBC Yahoo has taken over my IM - I can't sign in under my screen name. How do I change it?

I have SBC. When I sign into Messenger it automatically signs me in under THAT name. I want my messenger to have my screen name - how do I change it? All profiles go to my screen name but Messenger still comes up my SBC name!!!!

Favorite Answer

do you remember having clicked on a geocities link sent to you by a friend of your and logging in to the page with your username and password? if yes it seems that your password has been stolen.

click on the forgot my password and have it recovered by anweering the secret question and zip code and birthday.

before all that make sure you are connected to the internet

To get help with your password request, you can

contact thier Account Verification department. The Account

Verification department, open 7 days a week from 6am - 6pm Pacific Standard Time, can verify you over the phone and answer any additional questions you may have about your account. The Account Verification Department can be reached at: 866-562-7219 *Press Option 2, then Option 2 again for password assistance this is how to contact Yahoo! Customer Care.