meg asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

help French.?

If i took a year off from french and want to go back to it, would i remember any of my french. i have 3 years of it would it a good idea.

Favorite Answer

Three years speaking french is a long time. I don't think you'll forget the language, but you'll definitely lose some of it little by little. If you stop your french studies for a while, make sure you keep practicing as often as possible and go back to it. French is a beautiful language and it's worth the effort.

No, don't take off a year. I lived in France for two years and learned a lot of French, took a year off after I moved back home, and basically had to start all over again in school. Taking off slows you down and it's a lot harder to get back in that mindset.

My French used to be my second mother tongue. I have been away from home for the last ten years working in countries where French is rarely spoken. The result: Je n'arrive pas à m'exprimer correctement. Too bad, hein? Even my first mother tongue has been affected!

No it would not. Go on and finish your studies. Why would you want to put it off for a year.

Aucun il pas . Continuez et finissez vos études. Pourquoi vous voudriez le mettre au loin pendant une année.

• fabee

Of course you'll remember some things but to go back to it you need to have a serious brushing off.

• Offkey

Three years is not much. But, even if you do forget a lot of things, what you knew will come back to you very easily when you start studying it again.

Quelque soit la langue, tu auras tu mal a t'y remettre si tu arretes de l'etudier ne serait-ce qu'un an.

Je ne sais quoi

Rien ne va plus!