Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Will the Republican Party survive this tangled web they weave, because they practice to deceive?

or, will the GOP continue defending the actions of congressman Foley's sexual exploitation of high school page boys, and their own failure of leadership?

Favorite Answer

The GOP and their media outlets are on the offensive big time trying to make Foley's actions appear insignificant compared to previous Democratic indiscretions. They are trying to convince the American people that Foley's action are more representative of Democratic behavior.

And of course, they are trying to cry foul that the Foley information surfaces at a time when it could harm the Republicans the most. For once they are right. Way to go Democrats for finally learning how to fight back against the party of Karl Rove.

Let' s hope they keep punching.

YES!!!!!!! The GOP is not defending EX-Congressman Foley and the GOP does not have a failure in leadership!

• Bawney

Why are the liberals continually gay bashing Mr. Foley? You are supposed to be more tolerant of alternative lifestyles than the conservatives. The "boy" was of legal age in Washington DC, so pedophilia is out of the story. Why did this"boy" get homegrown terrorist Tim Mac Veigh's attorney to defend him? Against what? And now it seems this is a hoax, much like "Rathergate". Is ABC as guilty as CBS for not checking their sources?

They don't know any other way than to defend their own and keep the lie alive! What about Fox (Faux) News showing a photo of Ex-Congressman Foley as D-FL??????

• rosi l

I don't think it will have the affect that Democrats are hoping for. Republican voters may be a bit angry now, but Foley is gone, not coming back, and the dems are over playing this. I really think it will backfire on them. I for one may not be extremely happy with my own party, but will I stay home? NO. Will I vote ind. or dem. absolutely NOT!

Neddie it started long ago I'm afraid...

"We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order. "

--David Rockefeller

Source(s): Your failure to be informed, does not make me a wacko. -- John Loeffler

THEY GONNA EVENTUALLY GET THIS FOLEY CRAP OF ON THE DEMOCRATS BEFORE ITS OVER JUST WATCH THE LIES THEY COME OUT WITH. THEY ALREADY TRYING TO SAY THAT FOLEY IS A DEMOCRAT. O"RILEY SAID LAST FRIDAY THAT FOLEY WAS A DFL IN HIS NEWS BROADCAST FRIDAY EVENING OF 9-29. JR HAS TOLD HASTERT THAT HE HAS HIS FULL SUPORT NOW DO YOU THINK THEY ARE WORRIED??? THEY KNOW THEY CAN LIE TO THE PEOPLE AND THEY ARE SO DUMB THEY WILL BELIEVE THEIT GARBAGE. YES AHHA GEORGE AND HASTERT ARE BOTH DEFENDING HIM BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE NOT BEEN WATCHING TV OR READING THE NEWS PAPER. YOU MORAL PEOPLE ARE TOO MOTAL TO LEAR WHAT IS GOING ON

Treachery almost always trumps truth in the short run. They've been at this for a long time. We'll see how many are catching on in November.

I will defend my cover up to the bitter end.

• notme

Ah Ha - ha ha ha ha ha! Both Matt Drudge and Rush Limpaugh are blaming the pages. Some kind of weird conspiracy theory.