What's a good comfort food recipe from Mexico? How bout from Japan?

Just looking for some good comfort food. :)

Favorite Answer

Well, tamales are fantastic comfort food. Recipe wise just pick up a package of masa corn flour at your local grocery and follow the recipe on the package. Alternatively, you can pick up a can or jar of tamales at the grocery for quick comfort food. Tortilla soup is also yummy. Japanese comfort food makes me think of that yummy miso soup they serve at sushi places when you order a meal. I am unaware of how to make it though. I know that there are "instant" mixes for it in Asian groceries but I haven't tried them so I can't recommend them. Try Allrecipes.com for recipes.

Source(s): www.allrecipes.com

Actually tacos...

Just keep a supply of soft tortillas on hand and use them for leftovers. You can make great tacos of any left over meatloaf, roasts, fried chicken, turkey, fish, pork chops, whatever. Just chop up the food for the tacos, add whatever you want, like lettuce, grated cheese, salsa, onion, whatever you fancy.

You can either eat it like a taco or fold it and grill the taco on the pan and now you have "quesadillas." Once you understand that practically ANYTHING eaten inside a flour or corn tortilla in Mexico is a TACO, the world is pretty much "your oyster"........

The *best* comfort food from Japan is oden! It's a soup that you can only get from November to March or so, from any convenience store, especially 7-11 and Family Mart. :) But people also make it themselves, of course. :)

It's a really thin stock, not even sure what it's made from, but inside you have all kinds of things, like konnyaku, atsuage (fried tofu), chikua (fish sausage), daikon (japanese radish), and you can have things like breaded zuchinni, little sausages, even hard-boiled eggs. Sounds nasty when I describe it, but, mmm, so good on a cold day....!

:)

Check out these sites to see some oden and read more about it! ^__^

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/onepotdishes/a/ab...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oden

I want some now. U_U

Baked macaroni and cheese with sausage is my all time prominent convenience meal. There are not many stuff extra helpful than pasta, cheese, and pink meat products! that's a sinful dinner which grants convenience after a lengthy day at paintings or purely an afternoon once you at the instant are not in a competent temper.

From Mexico, I'd have to go for Caldo. It's a brothy veggie soup made by using beef roast, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and a lot of cilantro. I cover it all in water and slow cook it for five hours. I serve mine with flour tortillas:)

Japanese, I'd say Tonkatsu. You can take a boneless pork chop and dip in egg and panko crumbs (at the grocery store in the ethnic isle) and fry. It's delicious!

Quesadillas!! Take a tortilla, stuff it with chicken, cheese, peppers, oonions.

Rice!! Just white rice with some dumplings and chicken.

Tamales for sure man with champurrado. Either that or any burrito from Chipotle always makes me happy!

Rice sounds appropriate, though I wouldn't know.

Personally, I would eat Nachos with Chilli(that's if u like spicy food)

From Mexico it would be Pozole for me, great hangover food.

Chicken Mole!!! not sure how to make it from scratch but it's pretty good to use the store bought mole and add chicken to it..yum.