Would you prefer to live in a trailer park, or a condo?

Suppose you are renting and have made the decision to get your own place. All you can afford is either a trailer in a trailer park, or a similarly priced cheap condominium. Emphasis on the word cheap. Which would you prefer to own? Why would you make this choice?

By trailer, I mean to say, mobile home. Sorry about that, Daisy. The choice is between a mobile home and a similarly priced cheap condominium.

Favorite Answer

It is not a trailer, a travel trailer is something you pull behind your pickup.

This is a mobil home in a mobil home park. We had that decision to make and choose a 16 x 80 brand new 1200 sq ft.

3 bedroom 2 bath mobil home. It only costs 100. mth to park it in a nice park. My friend still lives there. When we got it paid off we moved to a 1/3 acre lot and built on to it. It is a way to buy a home in stages. We love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

In this area you can buy one 2 years old from someone in brand new shape for 20,000. A home this size would sell for 80,000 to 100,000. So it is much more in the reach of the average person.

Condo definitely!

It will feel more like a house to me than a trailer park. Secondly, I will be able to invite friends and family over without having to worry about space.

This is a toughie. I have seen some upscale very nice trailer parks with lots of perks. I would have to see both before I could make a decision.

Condo a stupied tralier park makes you look poor, trust me

• Norah

Seriously, I would choose a trailer.

But just because that would be my only chance to get a "white trash" moment, I would go for it. I would even buy my family and I matching "Redneck" shirts. You could even call me by my white trash name...Sharona.

Plus, you can tell when your neighbors are having a "good time" without even trying...