Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Long distance relationship??

I have a boyfriend that i truely love, and i just found out that i have to move two states away. I'm still in high school, so i don't have a say in the matter. Do you think we should stay together and just have a long distance relationship, or should we break up??? I don't know what to do. I love him so much.

Favorite Answer

Bottom line.

Bad news - One of you will cheat on the other.

Good news - The other will never know.

I have never witnessed a "long distant relationship" by young people that has worked.

You'll be tempted by others, and so will he.

Lust is a powerful being.

Sorry to bear this news to ya.

Just move on with your young life, and don't deal with this inevitable heartbreak by staying with him...

You will love again.

Believe me.

If you love him then stay with him and just move out after you finsh highschool, I'm in a long distance til she comes here-to aus early mid next year, she lives in Illinois and so long as you can keep the love and trust you should be fine.

We talk every single day and that definetly helps, you should do the same if you really love him.

"distance is no barrier to love, only what you think is"

I hope this is of some assistance to you.

Mitch

Launceston, Tas

Australia

Source(s): I'm in a long distance relationship, Im aussie an shes american, she moves out here early-mid next year.

I hate to tell it to you like this, but most of the time it doesn't work out, not that both of you guys don't care about each other very much but when you are away from someone for that much a time period the feelings start to disappear I was in similar situation and I didn't work out for me or her after only 3 or 4 months

Well long distance relation ships dont work. I've had 2 and they didnt last for anylonger then about 2 weeks.

So if u really like him... try it... but if u dont think it'll work, then maybe move on until you finish high school

• Meme

well what i think about it is that if you really love him that you should continue to have that long distance relationship the two of you should still continue to communicate and be honest to each other because to me that's what makes a relationship last honesty and trust.

• fajita

Stay together and e mail or text each other but in time you will probably both meet other people...dont be sad these things happen..you are still young..enjoy life there is plenty of time to meet Mr Right.

You're in high school so there's a good chance even if you werent moving that it wouldnt last.I suppose if there's mutual lust...oops! I mean love,the two of you could make it last.

• Ness

long distance relationships are not easy but they can be successful. the key to their success is to be faithful and to remain devoted to each other. If you and your boyfriend can comitt to this relationship, I do not see why it cannot work out. Do not break up and give it up just because of the separation. That would be giving up.

Break up on good terms. If it was meant to be, you will be together in the future...like in college?

The best thing to do is try it and see how it works out. It won't take long to see if it will work or not.

If you need to ask Yahoo Answers whether or not you need to break up, i think you need to break up.