Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 decade ago

Savings Account?

I want to open a Savings account. Do you pay something to do that? I have free checkings account but I don't know about savings account.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

some banks require that you have at least $100 in a savings account to avoid a monthly fee. Try a credit union also. They usually take less money from you than banks and it's services are more convenient.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • salome
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you should inquire from your bank, since there are variety of services that is available for you to choose from and it depends on the set up.

there are interest bearing account, certificate of deposits, prima accounts that link to your checking and among other. then, it depends on the balance maintained in the account, if the bank will charge you or not, there are penalty for earlier withdrawal and monthly charges that new account representative will be able to discuss the full details.

• 1 decade ago

No you do not pay to invest in savings. Some places like you to have other accounts there but it is not necessary.

Source(s): former banker
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

depends on the account and the bank. Typically they want you to keep a certain amount in it or they will charge you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, the bank pays interest income to you.

• You may want to consider a credit union

• 1 decade ago

No. The bank pays interest to you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.