97 GMC 4.3 ltr... fuel pressure problem?

97 Jimmy 4.3 throttle body.. pressure only reads abouit 10 PSI at the fitting right before the throttle body, if I turn car off and on, each time the pressure will go up about 1.5 lbs to a maximum of 17 PSI. Have already replaced the fuel filter. Someone mentioned that the pressure regulator might be stuck in the open position, but wouild it build up any pressure at all if this was the case... anyway, the tank is out and the pump is out becuase I'm assuming that's the problem, but I haven't shelled out the 270.00 for the new pump yet...

Favorite Answer

yes it will build as much pressure as the pump pumps through the small line. which should be about that pressure. i agree with trevor s on your previous question.

Source(s): had same problem on my 97 chev blazer 4.3 liter

Sounds like you have a weak fuel pump. It's a lot of money for the pump but you got the hard part done,you have the tank dropped and the pump out.Good Luck....

check the fuel line from the tank to the throttle Bobbybody for a leak. that would make the pressure low.