Building a tree house.?

My husband wants to build a tree house for our daughter. Know of any good sites for free plans and or pictures? Also, can this type of thing be built without nailing/screwing into the tree itself? We really don't want to kill the tree....

Favorite Answer

Plans for a tree house would be difficult as it depends on the shape of the tree. I built a 200 square foot tree house and it has no nails into the tree. I used 1/4" all-thread and bent it around branches to support the tree house, like large u-bolts. Just tighten the u-bolts through a floor joist.

• Edwin

Building a tree house is really a good idea to give a great living to your daughter. Treetopbuilders is one of the best site where you can find some useful information regarding to tree house building. They offers a great services for building tree houses.

• Swirly

I dont know any free sites, but I do know you WILL want to/need to nail into the tree and it won't hurt the tree. Its common to see trees grow around chainlink fencing. My uncles tree grew around his garden hose... The number of nails you'd have to put into the tree for the treehouse wouldnt hurt at all.