A. asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Is it a bad idea to dye my hair?

I'm a guy that has Black hair and very pale skin that doesn't tan easily and it doesn't look good. Would it be a good idea to dye my hair to a light brown color which would require me to dye my eyebrows? Would it look good or would it be a disaster? I really want to try something different that goes more with my complexion but i'm worried about the consequences.

Favorite Answer

Go for it. You can always dye it back to your natural color if you don't like it.

Dying your hair is tricky business. 75% of the time, your hair doesn't come out the way you want to. Since your hair is so dark, dying your hair won't be easy. Plus, is your eyebrows are dark, you'd have to dye your eyebrows too. Plus, consider the fact that you'll have to keep getting your hair colored every 6-8 weeks to keep up with the roots. You can do it though, it will just take a few times to get to the color you want. I suggest just leaving it, I'm sure it doesn't look that bad.

I don't think that is a bad idea at all. I would strongly recommend going to a professional salon to get it done though. Because your hair is so dark you will have to lighten it first, I don't recommend anyone do that themselves epically if you have never colored your hair before. But the only consequence with that is what you will have to pay for it. Call around first and get some price quotes first before you make an appointment. Good luck!!

if you are that pale i would definitly consider it. you should go to a salon to get it done because they can pick the right color out for you and dye your eyebrows the right color and BAM! you have a whole new you!

It's always a bad idea to dye your hair, get a tattoo, get a piercing.

God made you the way you are, deal with it.

go to a salon and talk to a stylist. they will be able to tell you exactly what would look best for your needs, and it doesnt cost any money (at least not the consultation, the apppointment will)

good luck!

Read some useful hair colouring tips on this site to help you

Source(s): this will help you-free useful tips & articles on almost any topic- http://free-articles.50webs.com

go on and do it if you don't like it dye it black again

• rpoker

yah ide die it and soon sounds like to me, ur insecure but ill not judge you on that