My boyfriend doesn't use deodorant, is very active all day, & still has no body odor. How is this possible?

I'm interested in the physiology of this phenomenon, since I've met only two people in my life, both male, who have naturally been non-odorous no matter how much they exerted themselves, didn't ingest anything special, and have never used anything to cover up or inhibit body odor. We should all be so lucky! Any thoughts on the matter?

Favorite Answer

My ex-boyfriend was like that too. I just attribute it to his body chemistry. I HATE cigarettes, and he was a smoker, but even after coming in the house from smoking a cigarette, I couldn't even smell that on him or taste it when kissing. And he ate spicy foods and fast food and drank soda and beer as well as water - his diet didn't seem to make any difference. His body's own smell was like a drug to me - very addictive. I never believed in pheromones until I met him.

• ?

You probably do have body odor. You could wash under your armpits but you're only going to emit body odor again if you don't apply deodorant. The smell of our sweat (like under our armpits) comes from the waste expelled by our bacteria after they've consumed our sweat. So...your best bet is to wash and then apply deo. Hell, if you don't care about your BO and you're going to be at home and away from others, then you don't even have to wear deodorant. Otherwise, it would be pretty rude to be around civilized folk when you stink up to high heaven.

some people never need deodorant... many people sweat alot, and it never smells. some people do not sweat alot, but the sweat that is produced is very disgusting. be glad he doesn't have an odor, because that is disgusting. i dont sweat alot, even while active, and it doesnt have an odor.

It's all body chemistry. As long as he bathes, that's a good thing!!!

• Arcie

Maybe he is not used to eat spicy foods or hes just neat or clean all the time. Also it depends with what kind of foods you intake. You better choose non spicy foods.

Probably drinks plenty of water too.