Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 decade ago

what do i do now...?

my son refuses to be potty trained he'll sit on his potty for hours drinking water and juices then the secound he stands up he wets the floor

Favorite Answer

beat that lil brat

How old is your son? Maybe he is not ready yet. Sometimes potty training boys can take longer than potty training girls. Just hang in there he will come around about going potty in a toilet.

Don't rush it as a mother of two sons when he is ready it'll happen, best thing if possible take him outside. I know it sounds nuts but if he can see dogs using the restroom it'll make it click for him, my oldest is almost 16 and that's the technique I used on him. And he was a lot easier to potty train than my 4 year old

don't try for a couple of days, maybe a week and then give it another try, he may just be a little scared, u never said how old he was either , just give him time , all kids will get potty trained but they tend to do it when they want and not necessarily when we want. just be patient and the time will come that he will potty on the toilet, but with most of my children they did it when i didn't even know they were going to go.all of a sudden one day they came and got me and showed me they used the potty, just don't be watching him the whole time we all like privacy too

Seems simple enough. Put a chair in front of his potty, let him sit there. If he goes the minute he stands up, it will be in the potty, make a big deal of it. Maybe he is a stander upper.

He's not ready to be potty trained. Get rid of the potty chair, when he is ready for the toilet put him on the toilet.

• dandyl

he is probably not ready yet.

i found what helped with my daughter was having a chart and sticking stickers every time she went.also why don't you try putting him directly on the toilet instead of the potty, this might help.good luck, its frustrating, but at the end of the day all kids are eventually trained, we just need to have patience.

I have a potty training ebook on the signs of readiness and training effectively in 3 days or less. its really awesome, and I would be willing to forward my copy of it to you. email me, and I will reply with the book.

starsalso@yahoo.com

lol... why dont u try something different, take him about an hour after he drinks his juices that way he can pee then. Cus he sits there when he doesn't have to pee and probably gets bored.

don't give him anything to eat or drink while he is on the pot.

what on earth are you thinking?

How old is your son???