Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Why is my puppy like this? It's cute,but...why?

No matter how hyper my puppy is, if i pick him up and hum "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee" he falls asleep!

i don't know why i started humming that tune, but it was the first one that came to mind and no other song works, i've tried many of them.

he is 8 wks old, a pug, and i know i probably sound like a dork for singing to my dog, but he's my lil baby! and i am a dork! :)

Favorite Answer

they are babies any kind of comforting will lull them to sleep all i ave to do is lay my pup on her back and rock and she immediately goes to sleep or in the car she goes to sleep fast too. you are comforting them with love and attention keep up the good work

A "hyper" dog that suddenly falls asleep may have narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is often brought on by excitement in affected dogs, and is tied to a genetic defect. Often narcoleptic dogs get through life just fine, but there is a danger if they get overly excited and then fall asleep in a dangerous situation (like near or on a road, or by a swimming pool or other shallow body of water.)

Otherwise, your dog's behavior sounds very cute.

• Jen

It could be that the first couple times, he actually fell asleep because he was tired, but after it happened a couple times, he might have gotten conditioned to fall asleep whenever he hears that tune.

Aw, that's cute and a good way to deal with a hyper puppy. He probably feels secure in your arms and that song is something he associates with you.

I don't why he does it (other than comfort), but go with it. I have a hyper Chow Chow that doesn't seem to be calm at all. I would love for her to fall asleep to any tune. Enjoy!

• He probably dont like bumble bees

OH What A cuting

its probably cuz he loves u

and puppies are always tired

Source(s): im a dog

It means that he is very relaxed around you and when u sing him that song, he gets relaxed ot the point where he falls asleep.

He's comfy and trusting and being sang to, what more would a puppy want?

He does sound cute!!

If you did this when you first got him, and he way young and impressionable then that might have stuck in his head. Especially if it is something he associates with being warm and happy, and snuggly with his 'mommy'.