Tile Floor.?

I have a tile floor in my kitchen. I am currently mopping it with Lysol but, it has become dull. Does anyone know of a product for tile floors that will clean them and make them shine?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try vinegar and water but allways go back over with a dry towel that will keep it from looking dull. Sort of buffs it out.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Hope this helps Good Luck !

Cleaning Ceramic-Tile Floors

Materials and Ingredients:

1 gallon warm water

1 Tbs. borax

2 Tbs. clear ammonia

Bucket

Rag or micro-fiber mop (your choice)

A Royal Suggestion: Never use a sponge mop to clean ceramic-tile floors. It will pull the dirt right into the grout tracks (figure A). This makes the floor more difficult to clean. A micro-fiber mop (figure B) picks up all the dirt that a sponge mop leaves behind.

Pour the ingredients into a bucket and use a rag or micro-fiber mop to clean.

Note: If you do use a rag and the on-your-hands-and-knees method, be sure to wipe in a circular motion across the floor. Don't forget the cabinets and baseboards. If you have really dirty grout, use a brush.

Cleaning Vinyl Floors

Materials and Ingredients:

1 gallon warm water

1 Tbs. borax

Bucket

Mop or cloth

Mix the borax in the bucket of warm water and wash the floor.

• )o(
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

One of my favorites is "TSP" it works great.

If you want something a little more natural, try filling a bucket with water then adding a cap full of vinegar and a couple drops (yes drops) of dish washing liquid for every gallon of water. Part of the problem is the residue from too much cleanser. Try the TSP to remove all of the excess residue, the clean regularly with the vinegar/dish soap solution.

Hope this helps!!

• 1 decade ago

swiffer wet jet or swiffer mop

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

try windex or any amonia based product

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.