Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

I am very sad and I dont know why???

Every time I look at yahoo answers there is so much negativity against America. I am American and proud. There was a questions about N. Korea and the possibity of it doing the tests but the subject immediatley turns to the USA and its our fault. I dont ever remember America taking action against another country with consulting the UN. I am insulted because our President made some big mistakes (he is human and we elected him) but that doesnt mean Americans are mirrored images of him. We have helped more countries in their time of need than any other country ever did. America is positive thinking and all the people who down America are negative thinkers abd that is why we are the Higher powered.

Please can you tell us the truth on why you have so much animosity

• rav
    Favorite Answer

They r Jealeous of what america have(POWER, MONEY)

so everybody wants to be like u

some religeous ppl opposse u is something diffrent issue

(somebody try to convert whole world its god know who is right or wrong)

so dnt take it to ur heart

ur very good ppl

u ppl fought for freedom

but its not ur fault if somebody dnt like ur culture.

God bless America and whole world also

I think that many of the "negaholics" on Yahoo answers are very angry and frustrated people who feel that they don't have a "voice" in their own lives. America has long been the "bashing ground" for the world over the last century. It's always easy to take pot shots at the most powerful. Remember, that despite the negative rantings on yahoo, many people still like Americans and can separate American foreign policy from regular Americans. You're right, we have helped and continue to help people around the world. If American's generosity stopped tomorrow, the world would be a far worse place to be.

The American government and it's leaders are far from perfect, but we as a people donate a great deal of supplies, and money to charities around the world. In fact more than the government it's self. We have thousands of groups who go out into the world and help rebuild regions in many different countries. In any country you must understand that the people are not as you said mirror images of their governments.

Yes, I admit that some Americans think of themselves as better than other countries, buy come on I think that other citizens of other countries think the same things about themselves if they were being honest.

Whenever there is a natural disaster the U.S. always sends money, donations, and military, and private citizens to help with search and rescue/recovery and to rebuild. Some of that help is from the government and some are private citizens.

I personally am very grateful when other countries, such as Australia, Canada, and England do they same for us.

Be proud your American and do what you can to represent us well!!

I'm from canada and I see allot of people especially here trash talking the USA and their president Bush. Some people see Bush as the Hitler of our times in ways he does things, and seeing he wants to not only control the rest of the world but own it as well. He concentrates on one thing, but neglects whats most important to America like its people. I could be wrong, he might have an agenda and he is trying to stick with it. But then as I reread your question someting stuck out, It was your last sentence.

"people who down America are negative thinkers abd that is why we are the Higher powered." what right is higher power? for what? the right to think for yourself, ok. to be in the land of the free? sure. But when it comes to putting yourself higher than everyone else...thats wrong. Because we should all be equal, no lesser no higher than anyone else. Maybe thats why people are negative towards Americans, because Americans think they're better than everyone else. You even said it yourself.

"that is why we are the Higher powered."

Whenever a country is in trouble America is usually the first to send help.

People have short memories.

There are people in the world who just enjoy muck raking.

Try not to concern yourself with it.

There are a lot of nice thinking people still in this old world.

Carp Dieme "Sieze the day".

God bless America.

Negativity tries to bring down what it fears, but perfect love drives out fear!

Thankfully we're not defined by other peoples views, infact one could go further; if God has said you are blessed then you're blessed...it can all depend on how positively you view him.

I think there's hope when it's our turn to help other people change and to change what we think of them, you know? Like it becomes possible to change the way we see ourselves as well.

It's just the liberal democrats being negative . Consider the source and know it's always a few bad apples that try to spoil the whole bushel . This too shall pass .

Truer words haven't been spoken here in yahoo this is like fresh air, Maybe the next administration will be more relationship friendly.

President Bush is not the reason other countries hate us. They despise us because we are allies with Isreal.

huh?