Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

Going to homecoming...should I get something for my date?

Is the guy supposed to give something to their "date" on homecoming night?

I like her but we are not going out...should I get something...is the guy supposed to get something for the girl??

Help!

Favorite Answer

Usually, most couples (whether just friends or dating) exchange gifts if they are from the same school/grade. If your date is from outside of your school, than you should get her something for accompanying you, but don't expect something from her. It doesn't have to be anything major - just a thoughtful token. If you can't afford anything or are totally clueless about what to get, talk to your date and maybe you can agree to opt out of gifts.

Dude, I am 37 and you need to learn this now... treat women with respect. I don't care if you are going over to her house to help her wash her car, never show up empty handed. Simple flowers, a nice card that thanks her for going to homecoming with you... a little stuffed animal... a CD of songs that she likes... as you get older the stage gets bigger, but you should always put some thought into any get-together, be it a romantic date or just hanging out with a gal-pal.

The only thing I'm aware of is some sort of flowers. Wrist corsage, bouquet, nosegay, something along those lines. She should in turn give you a boutonniere. Other than that, nothing like a gift or anything.

Have fun!

No, If she is just friend u don't have to. I am going to homecoming with a friend and i hope that he doesn't really like may ask me to dance there

You should buy her a corsage even if your not dating. It will show that you respect her and want to accent her beauty. You could also buy her a single yellow rose which is a sign of friendship.

get her a nice picture frame so that she can put a homecoming picture in it. or be the norm and buy her some flowers

Yes your suppose to get her something its a special occasion, and it shows that you and a young gentleman. It good with the ladies. get her flowers.

Absolutely, young man.

A large chrysanthemum corsage with school color ribbons and glitter is the order of the day

The girl is given a corsage by the boy, and the boy is given a boutonniere by the girl.

Pedro you clod. get the lady something special. even if you are not dating a lady likes ot think she is special.:). Besides buying her something nice will make the other girls take notice of you.

Source(s): life