Am I suppose to say congrats to my in-laws at my sister-in-laws wedding?

I am having problems with my in-laws. Seems everything I do they find something wrong. Lately my husband and i went to his sisters wedding and I found out later on they were upset with me becasue i did not go up to them and say congrats. I said it to the bride and groom, whom I thought were suppose to get the congrats. I did however say to my in-laws how beautiful everyhitng was and they did a great job. There are alot of other childish things that they find wrong with me but this one really got to me. I am now pregant and the reason why they didnt say congrats to me is becasue of this wedding deal? Is this insane or am I?

Favorite Answer

Your in laws are incorrect as far as that.

it is the Bride and groom....who one says congrats too.

Some have carried it further saying to the family...but thats a personal thing.

I would say try and stay away from these people.

They are very nasty..sorry but they are,and you need not show them your hurt...That will give them something to work with.o.k.

Husband need s to see them for what they are...and put YOU and baby to come first...Anyway, when your dear little one comes...girl! you will be sooo busy.....they will be but a sometime thing.You DO need to become much stronger, with people like this.You will need that,as the yrs go by...All the best!

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BABY!

• j rock

u should be the bigger person and quit playing games like children. congratulate them and then its up to them what to do from there and how to react to it. you'll feel better about it either way.

• rav

r u living in somewhere in asia or europe

asia-family first

so go as per wish of ur in laws

Ameica-Who cares

Dump ur in laws and issue warning to ur husband

It's an uphill battle with in laws. I honestly don't think you could please them. Don't dwell on it, it's not worth it.

cong