Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

whats your name, who thought of it, and why were you named that?

my mom named me brook... long story but my middle name is lyn.

Favorite Answer

I am Korean/American girl and i was named Jae Kyung-Soon by my parents. I get called Jaylee by my friends though because it easier to say and more english name. My family still call me my korean name often. I think your name cute!!!

My name is Kathleen. My dad wanted to name me something traditional, like "Mary" or "Susan". My mom wanted to name me Brooke. My dad was okay with that. He said to my mom, "Sure, you can name her Brooke. And then I'm naming the next one "Stream".

So, somehow, Kathleen ended up being the compromise between trendy and ultra-traditional. My nickname is "Kathee" because my mom wanted me to be called Katie, but everyone called me Kathy, so she decided if she couldn't have a Katie, she was having a fancy Kathy...hence the double-e

My daughter is Katherine Bridget...Katherine because I wanted to name her "Katie" (there's an old Irish song I really like with that name in it) but my husband thought she needed a "grown-up" real name, and Bridget b/c I had a rather quirky pregnancy, including the loss of her twin, and Bridget means "resolute strength" which fits this little survivor

Source(s): We're Irish...can you tell?

My daughter's name is Brooklyn. I thought of it because I saw Brook Burke on TV, and Burke is our last name. I thought, Brook is a cute name, but I want something more unique. So I named her Brooklyn. My name is Rachele (pronounced like Rachelle). Rachele is also my mothers middle name, so I gave it to Brooklyn as her middle name too.

My name is Cynthia. I have no idea where my parents got that name. But I named my daughter Ariel Tayler. Ariel after The Little Mermaid and Tayler after the woman on Bold and the Beautiful.

My name is Noel. A nurse in the NICU named me because my mother was going to name me Dwight Irvin. She named me Noel because I was born on Christmas Day.

my mom let a catholic nun name me Mary Catherine