Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

What would you do if your husband did this?????

Because of the fear of divorce many men have set up things called "Nest Egg accounts." A nest egg account is a bank account men put most of their money into and keep it secret from their wifes. In the event of a divorce, men will then empty this secret account and keep the money hidden so the wife cannot steal half his stuff. What are your thoughts on this??? Do you think this is caused by greedy men or do you think its the result of so many golddiggers?????

Favorite Answer

gold diggers absolutely...

Many men have gone bancrupt from divorces so u cant blame them for having a separatee account for their own emergencies..

i gotta say, time has changed

oooooh thats bad i never knew men did that i thought nest eggs was what both partners saved up for there future together? i think it is awfull its decietfull plus if there going to do that they must be expecting to get divorced so why go into the commitment in the first place ? its probraly causes of some divorces too with all them secrets and lies .

I think he is trying to be safe. Him having that account is not only lying to you but it says that he does not trust you. He just went the wrong way about the situation, he should of asked u for a prenup.I don't think it is being greedy, but wanting to keep ur money. I think u should just forget u even found out about his account.

If what you are getting half of in a divorce is the amount of income he had coming in then you would already get half of what he would put into the nestegg. In most divorces the wife would get about half of what his income was during the time of the marriage. He would have to come up with your half somewhere.

If a man has that much fear then why is he married to said woman? Marriage is built on trust. If you don't trust the person you're married to you're going to have problems and eventually divorce. That man should seek counceling and learn to trust that a woman will love him for him.

I hate to say it, but it's sort of a necessary evil. With a high rate of divorce, it's probably just plain safer to have a little bit of money tucked away just in case.

Personally, I believe that it's probably gold diggers.

I would say he is just trying to protect himself, the best way to avoid gold diggers is to get a prenuptial agreement but if he does not have one that is a good way also, but it does say a lot in the factor of a marriage that I find to be most important and that is trust.

This is a sign of mistrust and insecurity on both parts. I am in a loving, trusting relationship so I can't relate.

I think men do this so if their wife decides to leave, she cant take him completely to the cleaners. Nothing personal!

i think i need to start my nest egg. tks for the tip