STruC asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

55" ,bigger TV to mount on wall. PLASMA vs LCD? #1Quality #2Style. Which brand gives both? Any07 coming soon?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS NEW MODELS COMING SOON, I SHOULD WAIT FOR NOVEMBER 2007 SHOPPING?

Favorite Answer

I'm going to wait until LED TVs are available. They will be better for sporting events because the pixels can be refreshed without getting too much fade.

Well I just bought 2 Samsung 1080p LCD for the office. They will basically be giant computer monitors.

However if you are looking for TV and since you are looking in the 55+ range I would have to recommend the 60" Pioneer Elite Plasma

You wont find a better Picture in that size

Its also Brand New just released. Most manufactures have released their new products already in time for the holidays anything new will probably be next spring.

Another 2 tvs both being Plasma would be the samsung 63 inch plasma model hpr6372 or the standard pioneer Plansma in a 60

The 2 Pioneers share alot but the elite has more processing power and will make images look just a wee bit better. The Samsung give a great picture ( it ranks 3 in this group) too and will cost a little less.

I would avoid the Panasonic 58" because everyone seems to complain about Picture quality being rather bad.

1 55 inch I highly recommend also would be the fujitsu. The only bad thing about that tv is the price. The pioneer is just as good if not better for less money.

Hitachi is nice too I just don't seem to sell many most people feel that for the price they will get the pioneer

Get the Pioneer I promise you won't be disappointed.