When youre on a 5 hour flight, where do you change your daughter's diapers?

Looking for info and maybe some help, on being prepared for long flights and plenty of dirty diapers...

Favorite Answer

Some airlines have changing stations in the bathroom now. Otherwise, call and ask the airline if they have other accomodations within the plane. Worse case scenario, someone will have to get up and you can change the baby on the seat like you might have to in a car. Carry a small changing pad with you in any case to lay under her. Happy flying!

Obviously, there is no room in the bathroom to change a baby's diaper. If I did not have the seat next to me available, I would certainly find a row that had 2 empty seats. Or if you are traveling with another adult, have them hold the baby's head and shoulders while you change the diaper. MOST people are understanding about that kind of thing. I mean, what are you gonna do? Leave the kid in a dirty diaper for 5+ hours? I don't think so. Change away!! (I would carry those little plastic baggies where you could put the dirties in the baggies and tie it up and then toss it).

Source(s): me, mother of 2. changed diapers in several 100 different places.

There was a changing station in the bathroom on the flight I took with my daughter (5mths at the time), I dont know how many planes are equipped like that though. Dont worry about it, there will always be somewhere you can change her. You're not the first to fly with a child in diapers! Flight attendants are usually very helpful about that sort of thing too. I've read to bring a diaper along for each hr of flight... lucky I only had to change her 2 on our 8hr flight - she slept a lot of the way.

i in my view replace my infant's diaper approximately each and every hour and he or she's 4 months previous. i'm a similar way, I hate her sitting around with a grimy diaper and as quickly as I hear a poop i modify it genuine away. i don't see something incorrect with that. I even replace it everytime she wakes as much as eat at evening. i began out with the Pampers swaddlers, yet now that she's older i've got switched to Luvs so i will save up my diaper habit, lol. the better section is she's in no way ever had a diaper rash!

When I travelled with my little ones I used the bathroom on the plane. They had a small changing table above the toilet. Call the airline and see if something like this is available.

Personally I would lay her on a blanket in the asle. The other passagers should be ok with that for a few minutes. Or ask the flight attendent when you board what would be the best to do.

On one flight we took, my son was too big to be changed in the bathroom. The attendants told me to change him on counter they had in the back....dinner had already been served. I've also done it on the floor in the back. There is always a way to get a baby changed on a plane, even if it's between you & your wife in the seat. (especially if she's little enough)

In the bathroom with the child in your lap on their back of course.. ask the flight attendant for a garbage bag 2 dispose...

• dandyl

depends on the age of your daughter, if she is under 8 months then you are entitles to a bassinet, so you can change her in it,otherwise the change table in the washroom.

however some airlines don't have those in the washrooms so your best bet is discreetly on your seat.

i would change her just before boarding as well.

Go to the restroom on the plane and lay the baby on it's back across your lap.You need to sit on the toilet to do this.It works.