andyaterie asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My cat started to pee on the bathroom rug, or towels, or whatever I lay down on the floor?

This is something new for him..although..it might be the female...I haven't really caught them in the act....they are about 5 yrs old.

Favorite Answer

cats are generally clean animals, it sounds as though someone is trying to tell you that they may not be feeling well, i would recommend a trip to your vet to have each one looked at. good luck.

have you ever replaced clutter, the field or area?each and every so often they do exactly in comparison to alter. Has something at your residing house of abode replaced? New human beings, somebody moved, each and every physique under pressure? Feliway would help. each and every so often they do exactly in comparison to alter. have you ever had him checked by your vet? Cats with urinary problems and/or diabetes often urinate outdoors the field. Is he older? some older cats are arthritic and getting into and out of the field is painful. perhaps he's gloomy sharing a field with your different cats. this would ensue without notice without explaination. If not one of the above applies attempt this. place a seperate litterbox interior the section he seems to desire. Over the direction of a pair of weeks, very gradually pass it to a extra ideal area and determine you scoop your containers often. you additionally can get a self scooping field in case you have the money, it solved the subject at my residing house while my 4 365 days old cat desperate she hated sharing.

Cats dont like clutter, especially on the floor. My cats pee on stuff on the floor, but not in the hamper, or shelves. Mine are 5 and 6 yrs old and it;s my male cat that does it.

First you need to rule out a urinary tract infection b/c those can be really serious. I don't know if they're targeting certain items but if it's certain things like towels and bed linens that you can dry w/o fabric softener, by all means skip the softener. The smell of many fabric softeners mimic the smell of their kitty litter and they can get confused pretty easy when it comes to that stuff.

• Turtle

My cat Sugar was peeing on my bathroom rug and I got some spray from the pet section called Indoor No that you can spray on porous services to deter cats away from certain areas. It worked. When I sprayed it on there he didn't bother it.

my cats does that also , i want to kill him. he even peed on a pair of sweat pants i left on the bathroom floor. i cant make him stop so i just always shut the door now and i have no more problems. i dont know why he does it but i hate it!!1

Time for a trip to the vet. Can be a urinary tract infection. In the male that can lead to a total blockage.

male cats tend to spray to mark their territory and the bath room would be a place where it seems a cat is sensing you marking your territory. keep the bath room door shut or there's a spray you can buy to keep cats off of certain places. i always use a squirt bottle of water for disciplining my cats it doesn't hurt them but they don't like it. good luck

Sounds like you need to keep your bathroom door closed and remind your cats where to go.

Solution; don't leave anything that is soft or comfortable lay on the floor anywhere in the house!!!!