Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 decade ago

Would you Take a Stand for Merry Christmas, Not Happy Holidays?

I agree that as Canadians and Americans, we should take a stand for our own beliefs. Why do we have to change for the newcomers?

I simply believe that if we're all open for "learning from each other" instead of trying to force our beliefs on another by forcing them to "assimilate" to our own ideas/behavior/beliefs. Why not just accept each other as we all are and integrate each other's beliefs to each other's hearts instead of trying to kill each other's beliefs off? If we say, "Merry Christmas" to each other, we're not insulting anyone.

I will take my stand and wish everyone a Merry Christimas! :-) And by all mean, "Happy All Hallow's Eve" too. Why not! The day after Halloween is All Saints Day, so I will also wish you all "Happy All Saint's Day!" Enjoy life. Learn from each other. Will you take the stand? Or will you let "evil men" control who you are? :> I WILL NEVER CONFORM to the limited boundaries society offers individuals. Enjoy your day, hugs xoxo :x

I'd be happy to learn Jewish ways! :-) Happy Hanukka! Our God is the same God, even if you believe Jesus is just a prophet! :-) My beliefs aren't limited to just one denomination.

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you're interested in cultural inclusion. That's a very good thing indeed. You're right, no one has to eliminate the "Merry Christmas", "Happy Chanaukah", etc. They can be included with greetings that are relevant for the beliefs & holidays that the person that you're speaking too holds. That's a very thoughtful thing indeed. (By the way, no new-comer has asked or demanded that "we" change our ways. . . )

I'm with you on the Merry Christmas thing and Happy Halloween etc.. the only time I use Happy Holidays, is when I don't know the religious beliefs of the person I am addressing..if I know they are Jewish I say Happy Chanuka.. if I am not sure I go with Happy Holidays.. to my Christian friends, or to those I know celebrate xmas I say Merry Christmas. We don't have to go to the extreme in the opposite direction either...

Happy ThanksGiving Canadian people.

I actually say Merry Christmas and not Happy Holidays. Taking a stand for Christmas. I think there's such thing as too politically correct. Though I don't know who you're talking about when you say "evil men."

Would you wish a Jewish person "Merry Christmas" when it means nothing to them? They aren't "newcomers" and actually predate Christanity.

Sure I agree with ya

• shelly

i agree why should we always have to change for others when we can learn from each other

I took this stand last Christmas and I will do it again this one as well.

I agree with you!

Well put!

agreed.

Yo, i totallly agreee!!!!!!!! it should remain as it was!!!!!

"MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!"