Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

What can you do to prevent or treat ingrown hairs?

A friend of mine gets lots of ingrown hairs on his neck from shaving. I also have that problem in my binkini area. What can be done to prevent ingrown hairs? What can be done to treat the area?

Favorite Answer

exfoliate with a sponge or one of those plastic "spongies". the more sensetive skin areas will always get an ingrown hair or two. the hair is trapped under the skin and becomes aggitated and inflammed.

the other good suggestion is making sure the skin is nice and soft and soaked well with water prior to shaving.

good luck

Source(s): experience

I do not know about the bikini area but for other areas of the body usually a scrub brush on the body dry and it exfoliates the skin (you can find a gentle bristle one). This is the inexpensive route not only do you rarely get in grown hair but your skin is wonderfully soft.

Or you can buy the over the counter exfoliaters and do that a couple of times a week

I used to get baaadd razor burn after shaving my pubic section--there is stuff at Wal-Mart (and that i'm useful it is carried at different merchants) stated as Bikini Zone. it is extremely much less extreme priced and can be got here across interior a similar wide-unfold section by way of fact the tampons, pads, condoms, etc. in case you positioned it on genuine after a wax or shave, it is going to avert the ingrown hairs. i will provide you with a warning that it does burn extremely--not probably undesirable--in spite of if it is worth combating those horribly painful itchy ingrown hairs!! It labored for me--supply it a shot--yet another hassle-free precaution in case you do not prefer to purchase that stuff is to apply alcohol. It won't artwork exceptionally much as good as that stuff--in spite of if it does help avert ingrown hairs some. in spite of if it burns like a $%$#!!

Use a soft nail brush on those areas to exfoliate - there are dry body brushes (they look like a back brush) that work well too.

• ~~

You need to keep the area cleaner with a good cleanser, something for sensitive skin. Then use a moisturizer for sensitive.

My hubby was having this problem till he finally listened to me. He is not getting them anymore like he was. Its helped him alot.

exfoliate♥

Try waxing instead.