Do events like the AMish school shooting make you want to home school your children?

Favorite Answer

no my kids school is locked up no one can get in w/o checking in and having a good reason.

No way on earth would I homeschool. I believe in public education. Events like school shootings are still extremely rare, even though they're really upsetting to anyone. Millions of kids sit in classrooms every day without incident. Despite how awful these recent killings were, school is a safe and important place for a child to be.

I already homeschool my children and things like this just gives me more reason to. On top of the school shootings the drugs are another reason

well I'm 13 and live 5 miles from the Amish school shooting and my school is less then1 mile and I know my parents are taking home-schooling into consideration!

No. Such random acts of violence can occur anywhere. If you wrap yourself in cotton wool, and stay in bed all day long, the ceiling may collapse on you. The benefits of children interacting with each other far outweigh the risks.

If any good comes from it, it may teach the yanks that they should bring in some proper gun controls.

No, not really. Why would I purposely alienate my child from other children? Although I have a masters degree and am working on a law degree I wouldn't have the time to provide my child with the best education possible. Homeschooling makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I would never home school my kid.

How often do these things happen. When they do happen the news blows it all up. And then the nut cases decide they are going to do it too.

Theres more of a chance that your home schooled kid will get run over by a car playing in front of your house.

Besides I pay too much in school taxes to home school my kid.

I would love to homeschool my kids, this was not the reason, but makes me think. I work and my hubby does too, so this is impossible to do. It does make me appreciate my kids and give them as many hugs and kisses as I can.

No...these exreme acts of violence are very rare,.(thank goodness). Schooling helps to provide your child with lots of social skills needed for when they become adults....Like everything in life, if you let the world (especially the media) around rule your every action you would be frightened to let them outside.

No, but it makes me hug my children harder when they get home.