What happened to Sharona on the show "Monk"?

My husband and I just recently got into this show by renting the DVDs at Hollywood Video. We're in Season 3 and all of a sudden Sharona (Monk's nurse and assistant) disappears and marries her ex-husband?!! What's with that? Why was she taken off the show?

Favorite Answer

Sharona vs. Natalie

Halfway through season three, Bitty Schram(Sharona) left the show for undisclosed reasons. She was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal of the character. Many fans were unhappy with the decision, as they had become fond of her character. Schram's replacement, Traylor Howard (as Natalie Teeger), brings a different dimension to the role of Monk's assistant and naturally opens the debate among audiences.

The classic reason was given - she left to pursue other projects.

It took me a number of episodes, but, I've come to like Natalie even more than Sharona now. I don't think she feeds into Monk's neurotic behavior as much, and he has to be more "independent."

I had a wedding where I invited 120 people. They all RSVPed but 7 didnt show for the reception. It was $100 per plate. Also be prepared that if you offer a choice of food on the rsvp card, your guest may change their minds the day of the reception.

• Because she sucked as an actress.