Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

What is a good apartment dog that won't get to be over 25 pounds?

I don't like Chihuahuas very much :)

The smaller the better...but I want a breed that doesn't have mad crazy health problems.

Favorite Answer

I'm thinking a quiet small dog called a basenji. But, that's not all, look up toy dogs or terriers.And if you don't want health problems, look at the local shelter, the staff there should know the dog's demenor.

I have a pomeranian/ chihuahua and a shih tzu/ daschund both should be under 20 lbs but my shih tzu/ daschund is overweight but both are about a foot -a foot and a half tall and just the right size to cuddle up to on my lap when it's cold :) so these breeds should be good for an apartment :) good luck

i know you don't like them very much but, chihuahuas are good dogs. they are protective and love attention. if you have the time for them they are great , but they do want lots of attention. so far from the ones that i have had they did not have a lot of health problems and the life span is around 10 to 15 years. if you are dead set against them though give a toy poodle a try. they are great dogs also:)

Source(s): personal experience

a Yorkie but the can be expensive. Another suggestion would be a Jack Russell Terrier. Most small breed terriers are good dogs.

Yorkie, Maltese, Shih-tzu, the long haired chihuahuas are cute, Papillon, Toy Poodle.

Yorkshire Terrier!

I went to Paris last month, and the yorkie population amongst apartment owners/renters was insane! Yorkies are

-sweet, extremely loyal to their owners and friendly to those not their owners (unlike the occasional cocker)

-smart, they learn quickly about potty training and sit, stay, come commands

-small, the average yorkie weighs under seven pounds

-beautiful, they're known for their silky, long, beautiful coats

I happen to have a yorkie myself, and I just love him to death, if you have any more questions just ask me!!

Pomeranian

Yorkie

Minature Dachshund (Small Hotdog)

Source(s): I have one

I did not like Chihuahuas ether but my friend had baby ones and they were so Cute just give them a chance and you will love them!!!!!!!!

Good luck