Do you feel so strongly about your political opinions that you couldnt be with someone who opposed those views

Favorite Answer

i would do you in a heart beat

My husband and I could not be more different in our political and world views! We are polar opposites! He is a Republican, I am a Libertarian. He was in the military when we met. I worked for Green Peace. He is a deer hunter. I am a vegetarian. He will not even eat vegetables!

Anyway, you get the picture. I think us being opposites works out better, because we help one another see the world through the eyes of someone with vastly different views....and you cannot fully understand your own argument, until you understand the argument of the other side.

A few years ago I would not have been bothered by the Ignorance of a Conservative, But with Mr G W Bush in office I have been often attack as A christian by many Church Go-ers and I have come to believe if Going to Church means you are a republican then I do not want to go to Church again.

I would not be able to share a life/household with someone as my partner who did not have SIMILAR views as myself.

It just does not work. Trying to avoid talking politics is just too hard.

I couldn't "be with someone" who was unable to respect my opinions and beliefs.

I couldn't "be with someone" who I am unable to respect.

So this question is too general to answer.

Yes.