Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

need info on antidepressants?

i am taking luvox, what about prozac, wellbutrin, cybmalta, art therapy, and talk therapy

any info is helpful thanx

please need as much info as i can get

thanx

Favorite Answer

I'M TAKING TOPOMAX,CYMBALTA,AND VALIUM. THE CYMBALTA IS FOR THE DEPRESSION AND IS GREAT!!! I'M ON 90MG AND I TAKE IT AT NIGHT, IT REALLY HELPS ME ALOT, I'VE BEEN ON ALL THE OTHERS PLUS MORE!! I'VE BEEN THROUGH HELL AND THEN SOME!! TRY THE CYMBALTA, IT TAKES ABOUT TWO WEEKS TO WORK THOUGH!! GOOD LUCK!! TRY WRITING IN A JOURNAL TOO, IT REALLY IS GREAT THERAPY TOO!!

Source(s): PERSONAL

Prozac worked for me but talking with my doctor weaned me off it. Wellbutrin is the same as Zyban, which is an anti-smoking help and also works fine for both. I think exercise. like walking by yourself and being able to think works wonders. However if the messages from both sides of the brain do not get through, anti depressant is the only help for the time being. Some people will need it forever and some just get their emotions either through talking or a life change back to normal. There seems to be a stigma about the depression that we have to get rid off. Its an illness that needs to be treated like any other one. I don't know about the other two meds.

I can tell you that Prozac and wellbutrin work in different ways. I don't know chemically how they do, but I do know that they do. I had better luck with the wellbutrin then the Prozac. Plus the wellbutrin has less sexual side effects. I don't know about luv ox works but I had bad luck with paxil and good luck with pamalar. In the end though I ended up working out the best without any anti-depressant and worked out best with a mood stabilizer, called lamictal. Its a crap shoot and it takes alot of trial and error, unfortunately its not fun playing crap shoot with your life, but hopefully sooner than later you will come across something that works the best. I can tell you though that Zoloft will mess with your memory, anyway best of luck

I am 100% against drugs to treat depression, unless you are what is known as, "SMI", ("Serious Mental Illness"). Personality disorders of one kind or another.

In my professional opinion any patient who comes to me and tell me they are suffering from depression, I give them a complete medical to R/O, (rule out), medical problems.

Then I will ask them ask them 21 questions that I designed that will give me the root cause of their problem if they answer all or only some of their questions.

I evaluate their questions an on their next visit I will present them with their DX. if they concur, then we will work together as a team to resolve the root cause of their problems.

I perform reality therapy, cognitive therapy, behaviour modifications, bio-feedback and hypnosis.

Nine out of ten people will respond and choose one of the alternative solutions I have given them to resolve the root cause of their problem. They pick an I tell them what is the light at the end of the tunnel. If they don't like the light then they can choose another alternative to resolve the root cause of their problem.

Drugs only mask the root cause. You feel good, but the problem is still inside of you.

Obvious you are seeing a clinical psychiatrist, being he/he is the only person that is authorized to write a Rx. for the drug that you are taking. For sure if you a seeing a general doctor, stop seeing him/her as they are not qualified to treat depression or any other mental problem.

Wish you all the best.

Please know that if all therapies fail, then and only then you should be on medications so that you can live a quality life. An if you ever decide to cut back, make sure that you see your doctor as they are addictive and can cause a seizure if you just stop or try to cut back without the care of a doctor.

Wish you all the best. God bless and watch over you.

Clincal Psychiatrist, France

Don't take them. They are all harmful. The drug companies and shrinks are in this only for the money and they make a lot of money on! Look at what happened with Prozac. Talk therapy with the right therapist is your best bet.

I have been on Effexor xr, Zoloft, and currently on Prozac.

I gained alot of weight on the effexor but it worked on my depression and anxiety but had bad withdrawls(even when you miss a dose) the Zoloft made me feel ditzy and dumb. I just started taking Prozac and I like it so far I feel way better than I did before on it and I've also heard good things about Lexapro.

Most antidepressants have sexual side effects but you have to take the good with the bad.

Also Meditation cds work very well with me they help with the anxiety and stress. They take awhile to get use to and to teach your mind to participate but thats one thing that I do+the prozac.

Supports groups help also and counseling

Source(s): My own struggles with lifelong depression/anxiety

A great site to check out is www.crazymeds.org. It puts everything in easy to understand terms.

I just started on Wellbutrin, but I have social anxiety, not depression.

Best of Luck!

Type your medication name into any search bar and you will get lots of information.

go to yahoo search and search about antidepressants meds

goto google.com