brett asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

why can't I gain weight?

I am a high school football player and I eat lots of protein and drink lots of protein shakes. I work out regularly and run a lot at practice. Why can't I gain any weight?

Update:

ps i'm 6 feet 170lbs

Update 2:

i started my diet in the spring. i have gained 10 pounds so far after 7 months

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You should take in about 40 grams of Protein every 3 or 4 hours. Don't forget to eat veggies! A good way to space out your meals to compensate for your metabolism is to use your hand to measure your serving of protein, fat and carb. position your hand in a cuped manor or what fits in the palm of your hand is considered a serving. Your body needs to have these meals spread out over a 24 hour period. Protein shakes work best as a last meal (just before bed) Because it is liquid it is easier to digest.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • SunGod
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Your not a bad size and weight. I reckon genes is the answer ask your Dad when he put on bulk. It maybe time is your only hope.

Your skeleton will change as you get older. Other than that you can buy and take nandrolone and other steriods. That is the only way to beat your genes.

Always cheat. All top sportsmen are cheating. All

• 1 decade ago

Forget the shakes. Eat lots of real food that tastes good like red meat and potatos and fattening stuff like ice cream for desert. It really works.

• 1 decade ago

it takes time when did you start the protien are you eating a good balanced diet

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

quit complaining you skinny git

• 1 decade ago

because you are burning the calories that you consume..

• 1 decade ago

fast metabolism?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont knoww

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.