Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

how long for a broken tib/fib to heal?

broke it a few inches above the ankle clean break, put a rod in and a few screws, im wondering how long i am gonna have to be on crutches

• HK3738
    Favorite Answer

I think it may be around 4-6 weeks, stay in touch with the surgeon who did this, good luck

It could be anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. It all depends on the healing of the fracture site and the healing of the surgery. It also depends on your ability to bear weight on your ankle. It should not take longer than 8 weeks certainly. 4 weeks is even conservative in some cases, but is what most people could expect for the least time on crutches.

Spiral fractures on the decrease leg take an prolonged time to heal. I broke mine from the knee, into the ankle. at that factor, i replaced into informed i may be in a solid or a minimum of a brace for as much as a 12 months. The checklist replaced into 6 months. I made it in 4 months. That replaced into formerly the rods so i don't understand approximately that for particular. My sister has broken the two legs in spiral. One replaced into roded. It did not look to make lots distinction.

Hello there. How long ago did this happen? How bad are the fractures? Generally thoes type of fractures take about 1-2 months (non weight baring) to heal.

Source(s): I am a Board Certified Pedorthist.

It will depend on your age.. How many times they have to readjust it.. Your health... If you get it infected.

I had the very same break... Mine was fixed with 4 pins. They readjusted it 4 times..

Crutches for about 3-4 months then a walking cast.

I was in cast for 11 months all told. Then another 6 months to get back to where I could run..

I was about 22....