Was Aaron Rodgers a waste of a draft pick for the Packers?

Word on the street is that this guy sucks and can't figure out how to run an offense. But then again, I haven't seen the guy really play because grandpa redneck didn't want to retire and is still playing at quarterback.

Favorite Answer

You cannot judge a high draft pick who has seen only limited duty . The 49ers took Alex Smith over Rodgers and has been horrendous . Ryan Leaf was an obvious "bust" . Peyton Manning had a horrible rookie year .Yet they were both starting .My question to you is , How can you "suck" or "can't figure out an offense" if you have never started a regular season game ? Packer fans need to cut Favres' umbilical cord and see what this Rodgers guy can do . .

Ok, "Grandpa Redneck" has won the Packers at least one Super Bowl and led them to another one. Don't blame Favre cause he has no running game. Now, on to Aaron Rodgers, you always gotta have a backup plan. I mean, what if Favre gets so hurt that he CAN'T play? Then you have a backup plan in Rodgers. I know that you never know til you see him play, but I would just wait around, I mean, how many years do you really think Favre has? Oh, and can I have Aaron Rodgers job? I mean, all he does is stand on the sidelines and watch the game for that much money. I mean, I can do that.

Grandpa redneck is still a very good quarterback and you packer fans should realize that you don't have an offensive line that can give grandpa protection. I sure hope he gets traded to another team with a good line in front of him and he goes on and beats the packers in a playoff game and then let's see how you fans cry!

Brett Farve is the second best quarterback of all time behind Marino so he can play till hes a 100, no Aaron was not a waste beacuse he is the future QB for the Packers and he dosnt suck hes just only a 1 yr pro.

What street are you getting your word from? He really hasn't played enough for anyone to make a determination. However, whether or not Rodgers is a quality QB, if and when Brett retries Rodgers isn't going to live up to his legend. Not unless he wins a few superbowls right away and that's not likely to happen. It was the same thing for Elway and Marino's replacement. I feel sorry for the guy.

Yeah, with Favre playing every snap of every game for the past 15 years back up QB's at Green Bay are always busts.

Yes, it was a huge waste. Until Favre says he's done, they should have used the pick for an offensive lineman, or anything besides a QB.

i'm very much shocked we picked Fairley. i like are D-Line now. Rodgers extra perfect be fearing yet i'm unable to help yet think of this may be a huge commerce. BQ: Fairley at thirteenth. he's beast. contemplate. he's nice yet not that good. they like Fairley. additionally Gabbert to the Jags isn't clever. Von Miller

• Brent

That is yet to be determined, he must get playing time first.

• Rez

waste!!!