S Z asked in Environment · 1 decade ago

If you were to put a running hair dryer, toaster, ect, whatever in the ocean, would it kill everything in it?

Besides killing yourself in the processes, would you see dead fish, whales, ect floating at the top? (the tought just came to me....)

Update:

no i would never attempt to do this, it was just a (i wonder what would happen kinda thing)question.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no because the curcit(or watever) would blow and the power on it would be turned off.but if it wouldnt, it would take a very long time(maybe a month)for it to reach around the world.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • geiser
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The fuse in the toaster might want to blow earlier it might want to reason any damage to the flora and fauna in the lake. The fuse is designed to blow in circumstances like you describe even with the actuality that you wont locate any practise on the toaster telling you no longer to positioned it in a lake even as that's plugged in. a similar challenge applies to situations the position there's a flood. The fuse on the major circuit breaker blows and not in any respect extra electricity is surpassed down the cable. clone of turning off a tap.

• 1 decade ago

well,I think it would kill everything inside it.This is because water is a good electric conductor.I feel that even i toaster would be enough to kill the whole marine life in the ocean.But i do hope no one would dare to try it :0

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

NO! It might kill you. But the short caused by the electricity will blow the fuse within seconds!! Not hours!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • No way. i just wanna throw dis out " are you planning to kill all the fishes?" I hope not

• 1 decade ago

You would need a very long extension cord to reach that far !

But why would you want to do this anyhow ?

• 1 decade ago

yep. Its only a matter of time before all sea life is gone!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I sure hope not.

• 1 decade ago

probably not......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.