Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

Do you have to be 18 years of age to drive or can you drive on the road at 17 with a provisional license?

Favorite Answer

in Michigan you get permit at 15, license at 16

No, you don't have to be 18 years of age to drive in California. My son got his license last September when he was 16 1/2 years old. Of course with provisional license for one year. To get more information, go to your local Department of Motor Vehicle website and look it up. It's most likely different law in every state. Good luck and drive safe.

It depends where you live.

If you live in PA, you can get your permit on your sixteenth birthday, and get your junior liscences a half a year after you took the written permit test.

On a junior liscence you can't drive between 11 and 5.

After a year or when you become 18 whichever comes first, you can get your senior liscense and drive whenever you want.

• Mike C

in cali, you can drive at 16 with a provisional license

you can drive at 16 with a permit in the united states, and get your liscense at 17.

i'm 24 and been using on account that sixteen. as quickly as i've got been given my license I have been given a job at an area motor vehicle dealership as lots boy and that i've got have in no way had an twist of destiny. I did it for the journey time on the line and coping with all categories of autos from extensive ford diesel to "soccer mom motor vehicle" to Porsche 911 twin rapid. And the money replaced into sufficient to play with and shop maintenance, gas, and insurance for my truck. i think of in the experience that your to blame and have your mothers and fathers are ok then force away. only don't be stupid. on the dealership yet another lot boy needed to race. He pealed out as quickly as the mild grew to become eco-friendly and floored it. i replaced into in a sparkling ford get away and that i replaced into like, "i'm not likely to break this element." It purely had 50 miles on it, form new. approximately 5 miles down the line, after the line grew to become to a single lane, I observed a motor vehicle on his hood, off to the edge of the line, with the wheel in the air nevertheless spinning. I drove previous thinking "hmm.... i desire that individual is large." then I got here as much as a van and theory," OH SH!T, that replaced into (the different lot boy)." I circled and drove decrease back to him. He replaced into AMAZINGLY out of the vehicle strolling. yet, the way the hood caved in, it would have overwhelmed the top of every person sitting in the passenger seat or the decrease back seats. He replaced into stupid and it only approximately fee him his existence and job. The shrink from this, Don"t Be stupid!

It depends on the state. Get a driver's manual from the DMV. That will explain everything.

It depends on where you live.