Gabi asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Is Avenged Sevenfold really metal?

They dont sound like Metal at all to me they sound like emoish or like. I don't know but not Metal. Are they really metal? I mean look listen too Seize The Day. Not very metalish..

Favorite Answer

NO!

I don't know if they are or not, but they are so much more then Seize the day and Bat country! Their Waking the Fallen album kicks ***!! City of evil was different but great. If you only listen to the singles they put out you aren't getting the true feel of the band. Almost every metal band has a ballad or two. They ROCK

• Norah

I think they TRY to be, especially when he does that weird thingy with his voice (you know! it is in every one of the songs). NOT metal at all, hard rock maybe, but I think they try too hard. I do like their songs. I agree, Seize the Day is not metal, not even a metal ballad, just pathetic!

They are so NOT metal my friend, I'd throw them in to the "hard rock" genre with KoRn...and they'd barely qualify. I like their one sone seize the day, lead singer's hot, but thats not metal.

I'd put them in the category of hard rock..definitely not metal

defiantely not metal. probably emo/hard rock. personally, i dont like them either way.

i think they are a mix like they are trying to establish a fan base then go from there. u know

They are about as metal as my grandma.

Source(s): Myself - 100% pure Heavy Metal veteran.

I WOULD CONSIDER THEM GOTH PUNK OR ALTERNATIVE.

DEFINITELY NOT METAL