Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

ten insects that human beings eat are?

what are the ten insects that human beings eat?

Best Answer

Giant Water Beetle

Red Ant

Silk Worm Pupae

Dung Beetle

Cricket

Grasshopper

June Beetle

Caterpillar

Termite

Weevil

• franja

Anything with 6 legs is officially classed as an insect so prawns, shrimps, scampi etc. are the insects of the sea - along with lobsters, crabs and crayfish - there's 6 and I haven't even started on the land insects people eat, locusts, ants, crickets - I'm up to 9 now so I'll quit and leave it to your own imagination...the spider that drops off the ceiling and you eat in the night doesn't count as it is an arachnid, NOT an insect!

• kbc10

Crickets (dried with chile powder)

Ants (I have heard of this)

Scorpions in some places, I have heard....

Grubs are eaten in some desert places.... (grubs are an insect larva, right?)

What else?? There are TEN? That's a lot.

Grasshoppers might be eaten like crickets, I suppose...

• geiser

a million. I paintings in a puppy keep, so each and every Wednesday our fish shipments arrive and the bettas are available those tiny plastic cups. a pair might want to have died in transit, and probably 6 will die in the week. They die of bacterial or fungal infections typically. that is truly why you regularly see that the water is blue- that's medicated because puppy shops are fullyyt attentive to how stressful those circumstances are. those that are offered? a number of them get again mere days later lifeless because they were housed in bowls. yet they're marketed as less expensive, elementary pets and so ignorant human beings purchase them. they could die months or a pair years down the line, and human beings believe they have performed properly, thoroughly unaware that they could stay 5-7 years. Small, unfiltered, unheated environments kill bettas. 2. that's inhumane to maintain fish in environments that stunt their boom, reason affliction, and shorten their lifespan. T his is clear. you could not keep a goldfish effectively in a bowl- a comet goldfish could strengthen 12 inches lengthy a minimum of, and stay over 25 years- no longer gonna ensue in a bowl. in case you communicate with an recommended puppy keep associate, they ought to propose antagonistic to using bowls. yet human beings do not view fish as they do a domestic dog or kitten. Their abuse is going typically left out. 3. even as some kinds of tropical fish on the marketplace are wild stuck, maximum are the fabricated from breeding centers. the purpose of my interest is to maintain animals in a fashion that enables them to stay to their skill, and with a bit of luck previous. I feed my fish specifically formulated commercial diets because i understand that they are healthful- feeding their insects isn't an complete, nutritious nutrition plan. i won't be able to maintain a fish and note that i'd properly be doing it extra perfect, so in case you convey a puppy into your homestead, you should have a habitat set up to furnish them perfect circumstances. i do no longer eat fish. Smells disgusting and has no flavor. 4. Say so long for your fish. ACFs eat fish (fortunate isn't so fortunate) and a unmarried frog completely stocks a 10 gallon. once you "kept" "fortunate", you created a call for for extra. because shops order extra elements in preserving with call for, you created the decision for, so yet another fish arrived shortly after to take his position. keep away from "rescuing" poorly fish because you're worthwhile the puppy shops.

More than you realize. Flies can be in soup, mites can drop off eyebrows, maggots could be in mushroms, ants or other critters in your lettuce. It's true. You probably have no idea how many insects you've probably eaten.

So wash your veggies VERY well.

I suspect its more than 10 different but I can only think of 8

Honey ants, Locusts, grasshoppers, Huhu beetle grubs ( New Zealand), Whichiti grubs ( Australia). scorpions ( in China). Cochineal ( used for food colouring), termites.

honeyed ants

crickets

chocolate covered scorpion

maponi worms

Choc covered giant ants

chilli worm crisps

sorry could only find 6 on the Internet

• Any insect that lands in your mouth and is swallowed before you can react!

I don't know about you but I would never with all the west Nile and other scary diseases

unwashed salad has lots of insects....and i heard that you can eat spiders in your sleep and not even know it......