Ok my mom isnt home and i started my period i tried to put a tampon in but it only went up like halfway...HELP

am i doin something wrong?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Okay. First look inside the tampon box and see if the instructions are still in there, if they are, then read and follow them.

If they aren't then try this;

Stand with one foot on the toilet seat and the other on the floor, it'll help the muscles to relax a little.

Next, hold the tampon by the base, closest to the string and insert the tampon all the way inside you until you can feel yourself against your thumb and finger. If you have one with an applicator it should be fairly easy, if it doesn't have one, you may have to get a little more firm with it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I had the same problem when I first started using tampons. It's kinda weird. First check and see if it's a plus one. Those are bigger and harder to get in. Another thing is you often just have to push it up there no matter how big or small it is. Unfortunately this feels kinda weird. It'll be fine. If these don't work try just using a pad and waiting for your Mom to get home. I hope things work out.

• 1 decade ago

take out the tampon and put another on in, put it all the way up, until the two tubes go together, and you just have the string, but if you don't feel comfortable doing that, wait till your mom comes home and have her help you, in the mean time, use a pad.

Source(s): personal
  • geiser
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

you should positioned on a tampon. The flow will easily be heavier day after today if in the present day is the first day. They make lites you could purchase too if the flow is amazingly elementary. There are practise in the container and that i recommend you get slimfits because it is your first time using them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Forget the tampon and get a feminine napkin

• 1 decade ago

Get Vaseline or the same kinda fragrance free lube and cover in if completely1 that way when you give it a little shove it won't hurt and will go in really easy!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OK FIRST OF ALL IF YOUR A VIRGIN I DONT SUGGEST U USE A TAMPON. THAT CAN BE PAINFUL.IF U HAVE ANY MAXI PADS IN THE HOUSE USE THEM FOR NOW AND WAIT FOR YOUR MOM TO COME HOME AND TALK TO HER ABOUT IT.

Source(s): REMEMBER DONT FORCE ANYTHING INSIDE YOUR BODY U CAN HURT YOURSELF VERY BADLY
  • 1 decade ago

Call mom and ask her to come and help you out.

• 1 decade ago

for beginers its better to use a pad

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.